Songbirds of the Southwest
Thursday 17 January 7.00pm
Songbirds of the South West combines the beauty of harmony from 6 vocalists with the tight rhythm and HOT horn section of the 8 piece band, to pay tribute to some of the jazz greats.
All members are professional working musicians from the Southwest WA. Stretching from Dunsborough to Denmark. An idea sparked by saxophone player and local doctor Louise Marsh. Their performance at The Jazz by the Bay Festival was such a success they decided to keep performing and hit the big smoke – Perth.
They perform works from their favorite jazz artists – Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, Astrid Gilberto, Peggy Lee, Nina Simone and Amy Winehouse.
Songbirds of South West features:
- Louise Marsh (singing Peggy Lee & tenor sax) – Margaret River
- Andrea Frances (singing Astrid Gilberto) – Margaret River
- Janine Andrews (singing Ella Fitzgerald) – Margaret River
- Michelle Spriggs (singing Amy Winehouse) – Gracetown
- Tilly Kelleher (singing Nina Simone) – Margaret River
- Scott Wise (singing Louis Armstrong parts with Ella & guitar) – Margaret River
- Kevin McDonald (guitar) – Augusta
- Viv Booker (bass) – Margaret River
- Gary Larkin (drums) – Cowaramup
- Mike Wiese (clarinet, saxes) – Dunsborough
- Kevin Jones (trombone, flute) – Pemberton
- David Rastrick (trumpet) – Denmark
- Bruce Barry (piano) – Special Guest
Visit Songbirds of the Southwest on:
Buy Tickets for the gig
|Table Tickets Remaining||27|
|Bar Tickets Remaining||60|